CBN BRASIL

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Watch this video

GMA' anchor Robin Roberts publicly acknowledges she's gay


By Alan Duke, CNNGood Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts used a Facebook post to acknowledge what friends and co-workers have long known: She's gay.
Roberts, 53, has been very open about her health battles, but she has not previously spoken publicly about her sexuality.
First lady Michelle Obama tweeted her support to Roberts Monday: "I am so happy for you and Amber! You continue to make us all proud. -mo"
In an end-of-the-year message posted on her Facebook "like" page Sunday, Roberts wrote: "I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new yearWhile Roberts did not give her girlfriend's last name, People magazine identified her as Amber Laign, a licensed massage therapist from San Francisco whom she met through mutual friends a decade ago.
It was ABC's Roberts whom President Barack Obama chose in May 2012 for his landmark interview to acknowledge his support for same-sex marriage.
Roberts has kept few secrets about her health. She wrote and spoke extensively about her battle with breast cancer in 2008 and again in 2012 when she underwent a bone marrow transplant to treat a rare blood disorder called myelodysplastic syndrome.
Sunday's Facebook posting came on the first anniversary of the 100th day of her recovery from the transplant.
"At this moment I am at peace and filled with joy and gratitude," she wrote. "I am grateful to God, my doctors and nurses for my restored good health. I am grateful for my sister, Sally-Ann, for being my donor and giving me the gift of life. I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together. I am grateful for the many prayers and well wishes for my recovery. I return every one of them to you 100 fold. On this last Sunday of 2013 I encourage you to reflect on what you are grateful for too. together."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biden announces $9 billion in student loan relief President Biden on Wednesday announced another $9 billion in student debt relief. About 12...