CBN BRASIL

Monday, April 28, 2014

Genius' schoolgirl, 13, joins Mensa with top score

Meet the 'genius' 13 year old with IQ of 162

Related Stories

A south-west London schoolgirl has joined Mensa with a perfect score.
Neha Ramu, 13, of Surbiton, scored 162 in the high IQ society's test, which puts her in the top 1% of the UK's brightest people. A score above 140 is considered to be that of a genius.
"When I found out I got such a high score it was so amazing and unexpected," she said.
The teenager, who also enjoys chess and reading, hopes to study neurology at Harvard University.
"Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, they've achieved so much," she said. "It's not right to compare me to them just because of my IQ.
"If I don't put in my effort and make use of my IQ then there's no point in having it."
The teenager moved to the UK from Bangalore when she was seven.
'No pressure'
She said the Indian education system helped give her the best start but she prefers school life in the UK.
Her parents, both eye doctors, knew their daughter was clever but had no idea exactly how intelligent she was until she scored the maximum marks in her entrance exams for school.
Her mother Jayashree said: "From our side she definitely doesn't have any pressure, we just make opportunities for her.
"She does all this without much effort.
"She makes sure she has enough time for TV, swimming, fun times with her friends."
On her ambition to study neurology, Neha says: "I'm really quite passionate about the subject so I think it'll be good for me as a career.
"I don't think I'm ever going to stop learning. I'll always be curious and I'll always be thinking 'I wonder how that works'".
According to Mensa, the average adult IQ score is 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biden announces $9 billion in student loan relief President Biden on Wednesday announced another $9 billion in student debt relief. About 12...