CBN BRASIL

Friday, June 27, 2014

Hope Solo breaks silence, addresses arrest on Facebook


 gold medalist and US women's soccer star Hope Solo took to Facebook on Thursday to apologize for her involvement in an incident that resulted in her arrest last weekend for allegedly striking her sister and nephew at her home in suburban Seattle.
"I would like to apologize to my fans, teammates, coaches, marketing partners and the entire US Soccer and Seattle Reign FC communities for my involvement in a highly unfortunate incident this past weekend," Solo posted on Facebook. "I understand that, as a public figure, I am held to a higher standard of conduct. I take seriously my responsibilities as a role model and sincerely apologize to everyone I have disappointed."
Officers say they responded just before 1 a.m. Saturday after receiving a 911 call that a woman at Solo's Kirkland, Washington residence was hitting people. Police say they found Solo intoxicated and upset, and they saw injuries on her 17-year-old nephew and her sister.
Solo was arrested and charged with two counts of fourth-degree domestic violence assault.
The Facebook statement was the first time Solo has publicly addressed the incident since her arrest, adding that she was "confident in the legal process" and that her "name will be cleared."
"I love my family dearly. We, like all families, have our challenges but my sincere hope is that we are able to resolve this situation as a family," Solo wrote on Facebook. "Adversity has always made us stronger and I know this situation will be no different."
Solo entered a not guilty plea in court on Monday and was released without bail. She was ordered not to have contact with the alleged victims and to not drink alcohol.
Solo's lawyer, Todd Maybrown, has said that she was a victim in the altercation.
"Hope is not guilty of any crime," attorney Todd Maybrown said in an email to The Associated Press. "In fact, our investigation reveals that Hope was assaulted and injured during this unfortunate incident. We look forward to the opportunity to present the true facts in court and to having this matter behind Hope very soon."
The 32-year-old Solo won two Olympic gold medals with the U.S. women's national team. She plays with the Seattle Reign of the National Women's Soccer League.
Her next court appearance is Aug. 11.
Solo thanked those who have continued to show her support.
"I also would like to thank everyone who has reached out with messages of support and encouragement. I truly appreciate your loyalty, concern and well wishes," she wrote.

"I look forward to getting back on the field where I belong with both Seattle Reign FC and the US Women's National Team."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Biden announces $9 billion in student loan relief President Biden on Wednesday announced another $9 billion in student debt relief. About 12...